1. If we keep making the same mistakes, we are a fool. 'As a dog returns to his own vomit, So a fool repeats his folly." Proverbs 26:11
2. Learn from your own mistakes and try not to repeat them.
3. Learn from those who can help improve you. Learn from the wise: "A scoffer does not love one who corrects him, Nor will he go to the wise." Proverbs 15:12
4. Try to learn from the mistakes of others.
5. When you do make a mistake, own up to it right away. It is much better to own up to your mistakes right away rather than to hide it, be found out later and be shamed by others for making the mistake. We all make mistakes from time to time. Admitting your mistakes is the right thing to do.
I conclude with this: "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7